Company identifiers are unique numbers that the Bluetooth SIG assigns to member companies that request them. Each Bluetooth SIG member that is assigned a Company Identifier may use the assigned value for any or all of the following:
- LMP_CompID (refer to the Bluetooth® Core Specification)
- Company Identifier Code used in Manufacturer Specific Data type used for EIR and Advertising Data Types (refer to CSSv1 or later)
- Company ID for vendor specific codecs (refer to Vol. 2, Part E, of the Bluetooth Core Specification, v4.1 or later)
- As the lower 16 bits of the Vendor ID for designating Vendor Specific A2DP Codecs (refer to the A2DP v1.3 or later)
- VendorID Attribute in Device ID service record (when VendorIDSourceAttribute equals 0x0001, refer to Device ID Profile)
- 802.11_PAL_Company_Identifier (refer to Bluetooth Core Specification v3.0 + HS or later)
- TCS Company ID (refer to Telephony Control Protocol [WITHDRAWN])
How to request a Company Identifier
Note: Company Identifier requests should be submitted by the primary contact of the member company or any contact sharing the same email domain.
In order to be allocated a Company Identifier, you have to be a member in Good Standing. This will be determined by SIG staff once you submit your application.
|* “BLUETOOTH Member in Good Standing” shall mean any firm, corporation or other legal entity that has been admitted to membership in the BLUETOOTH SIG, whether a Promoter Member, Associate Member or Adopter Member, as defined in the organizational documents, that has fulfilled all of the requirements for membership, has paid and is current with payment of any and all membership fees, dues and assessments, and whose membership neither has been voluntarily or involuntarily suspended, terminated, or withdrawn from membership consistent with the lawful provisions of the organizational documents of the BLUETOOTH SIG.”|
Please submit your application to Bluetooth Support:
- Legal Name of the company requesting an identifier.
SLA: Once your request has been accepted by our support team, please allow us 5 business days to allocate your Company ID and have it published on our Company Identifiers page.
16-bit UUIDs for Members
How to request 16-bit UUIDs for Members
Please submit the following to Bluetooth Support:
- Company name:
- Company contact:
- Company contact email address:
- Company address:
- Number of 16-bit UUIDs requested
- Maximum of two per Adopter Member company
- For each UUID requested, provide:
- Custom service name:
- Detailed custom service description:
- that explains the purpose of the service while also describing at least one use case that illustrates how the service may be used
SLA: Once the 16-bit UUID payment has been received by the SIG, your UUID will be published to our Assigned Numbers page within 10 business days.
Note: Bluetooth SIG can not determine how long the 16-bit UUID payment process will take. The length of the transaction process depends on the member company's banking system.
16-bit UUIDs for Standards Development Organizations (SDOs)
How to request 16-bit UUIDs for SDOs
Standards Development Organizations requesting assignment of a 16-bit UUID should submit a request for guidance on the process and documentation associated with new assignments. When submitting a request, please select the Category, “Assigned Numbers” and the Subcategory, “16 bit UUIDs for SDOs”.