There could be a number of reasons why a test email message was not received. Here are some steps to take to troubleshoot.
In this article:
- Reflector email not received
- Reflector Functionality
- Helping your email administrators / IT Department troubleshoot
- Additional information
- Related article(s)
Reflector email not received
If you don’t receive a reflected email, please try the following:
- Check your quarantine, junk, or SPAM folders. If you use Office 365, you may need to check your Clutter folder.
- If you still don’t find the email, please read the article I cannot receive emails from the Bluetooth SIG.
The reflectors are meant to facilitate specification development within each group. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure you are replying to the correct audience.
- If you want to Reply to the Reflector only, use the "REPLY" function in your mailbox.
- If you want to Reply to the Individual only, use "REPLY ALL", and delete all email aliases except for individual.
- If you want to reply to everyone on the email thread, use the "REPLY ALL" function in your mailbox.
Remember: You will not be able to reply to individuals that are not subscribed to the reflector. This means if you email a group you are not subscribed to, the recipients will not be able to reply to you.
Helping your email administrators / IT Department troubleshoot
- Send a support inquiry to your system admin with the following information
- The date and approximate time of the email
- The from address of the email
- The subject of the email (Can be found in the reflector archive)
- The to-address of the email (Reflector email address)
- They should then be able to determine if the message was received by your email system and identify changes needed to allow future messages to reach you.
- If your email administrator determines the email never reached your organization (this is very rare) please submit a support request.
- System mail (e.g., password resets) will now be sent through a service called Mailgun (mailgun.com).
- Newsletters and other membership emails will not be changing
- Bluetooth.org SPF records are current for all systems (http://www.openspf.org/)
- The SIG has implemented DKIM and will be digitally signing messages (http://www.dkim.org/)
- We are now participating in DMARC (https://dmarc.org/)