A member company may request to transfer control of listings to another member. The information needed to initiate such a transfer is provided below.
Transfers of End Product Listings (EPL) created before 1 Feb 2014 are allowed only for corrective changes from one member to another. Approval from the membership and enforcement team is required. For listings made after 1 Feb 2014, only the declaration listings are transferable following the below requirements.
Note: The Bluetooth SIG may require receiving members to pay the difference in declaration fees when a discounted declaration is transferred to an adopter member. Discounted Declarations include those purchased under associate or promoter membership or the Innovation Incentive Program (IIP).
Disclaimer: By authorizing a listing transfer, Bluetooth SIG, Inc., a Delaware non-profit, non-stock corporation, (“Bluetooth SIG”) its members and their affiliates make no representations and disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability, title, non-infringement, fitness for any particular purpose, or any warranty otherwise arising out of the listing transfer. Bluetooth SIG does not represent and specifically disclaims that the listing transfer effectuates the transfer of the license grants under the Bluetooth Patent/Copyright License Agreement or the Bluetooth Trademark License Agreement for the Bluetooth Product and/or Compliant Portion identified in the transferred listing.
Bluetooth SIG, its members, and their affiliates disclaim all liability, including liability for infringement of any proprietary rights, relating to a transferred listing. To the extent not prohibited by law, in no event will Bluetooth SIG, its members or their affiliates be liable for any damages, including without limitation, lost revenue, profits, data or programs, or business interruption, or for special, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages, however, caused and regardless of the theory of liability, arising out of or related to any listing transfer, even if Bluetooth SIG, its members or their affiliates have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
No license, express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise, to any intellectual property rights are granted herein.
Transfer Between Persons in the SAME Member Company
Launch Studio now allows members to initiate and complete transfers of listings between users of the same member company. Launch Studio currently supports:
- Transferring a Listing to another User
- Requesting a Listing from another User
- Transferring Listings between Users (Primary Contact Only)
To learn more, go to the Launch Studio Listing Transfers Knowledge Base Article. Otherwise, proceed to the following steps.
1. Transfer in SAME Member Company: The support request must be from the primary contact (or individual listing owner) of the current member owning the listing, clearly indicating their intent to transfer the listing from the current person to the new person. This can be as simple as a sentence within the support request; however, the message shall include the following:
- Listing ID identifier (DID - D0xxxxx number) (also helpful to include product ID or description, but not absolutely necessary if you are sure the DID number is correct)
- Current member company name (as it appears on the listing)
- Name of the person requesting the transfer
- Name of the person who currently owns the listing
- Copy the current owner and the new requested owner on the email
Transfer from One Member Company to Another Company
Unused Declaration IDs are not transferable between one member company to another.
The support request must be from the Primary Contact of the current member owning the listing.
- A statement clearly indicating their intent to transfer the listing from the current member to the next or new member.
- Supporting documentation of ownership; this can be a sales agreement or a transfer agreement between both parties.
- Form 3200 (“Transfer / Assignment Agreement”) will need to be completed.
Please submit a support request with the requested documentation attached.
After the listing has been transferred to the receiving member, the receiving member shall immediately download the DoC/SDoC, obtain the appropriate signatures, and place a copy of the signed document within their compliance folder.
Note: Please use the words "Bluetooth Listing Transfer Request" in the Request Summary field of the support request.
For more articles on Qualification topics, please see the Qualification Table of Contents.