A quick summary of requirements for recognition as either a Bluetooth Qualification Test Facility or Bluetooth Recognized Test Facility are listed below. For more details, please visit the program overview.
If a company operates multiple facilities, the company must separately establish that each facility satisfies the program requirements.
Each company seeking to have any facility recognized as a Bluetooth Qualification Test Facility or Bluetooth Recognized Test Facility must pay all required program fees and:
- Be a Bluetooth SIG member in good standing
- Maintain an insurance (more details on the program overview page)
Each testing facility that a company seeks to have recognized as a Bluetooth Qualification Test Facility or Bluetooth Recognized Test Facility must:
- Own or exclusively lease at least one of the Validated Test Equipment supporting Cat A Layer HCI or below testing with the latest validated version and up-to-date calibration
- Maintain a documented process for storing, reporting, and handling test results and defects
- Employ separate personnel for technical and managerial tasks
- Ensure that its technical and managerial personnel are free from any undue internal and external commercial, financial and other pressures and influences that may adversely affect the quality of their work
- Demonstrate that all technical personnel at the facility are knowledgeable
- Maintain security protocols
- Be ISO/IEC 17025 accredited (applicable only to facilities seeking recognition as Bluetooth Qualification Test Facilities)