The Test Plan indicates test requirements/test cases to be met based on the Implementation Conformance Statement (ICS) selections for your project. Members are responsible for completing the tests and indicating test verdicts and dates of testing within the test plan. The completed test plan (also referred to as "Test Declaration") is submitted in Launch Studio on the Test Documentation page.
The test cases generated also depend upon the Test Case Reference List (TCRL) version to which you are qualifying. Please see the following article for more information on the TCRL: Test Case Reference List (TCRL)
Information about test cases, test suites, and ICS can be found on the Qualification Test Requirements page.
Test Plan Column Definitions
Test Case ID - Formatted as follows: Layer/Role/Capabilities/Behavior Valid or Invalid (BV or BI)/#/Conformation or Interoperability (-C or -I). Example: HCI/AEN/BI-01-C
Legacy Test Case ID - Test Case ID was previously identified as
Test Case Description - Name found in Test Specification
Test Case Category - Test execution and evidence requirements defined in the Qualification PRD:
|Test Case Category||Equipment Requirements||Evidence Requirements|
|Category A||Validated and commercially available test equipment approved by the Bluetooth SIG as specified in the TCRL||Cat A tests in the areas RF, BB, LM, and HCI, shall be performed and documented in a test report issued by a BQTF or BRTF. Cat A tests in all other areas can be performed by the Member|
|Category B||Member defined test setup that meets test requirements defined in test specifications||Test setup, execution, and results|
|Category C||Member defined test setup that meets test requirements defined in test specifications||Declaration of tests performed and test results, no other evidence required|
|Category D||Optional tests - Member defined||No evidence requirements|
Source: PRD Section 3.1.2
Active Date - The date the latest requirements of the test case becomes mandatory for Qualification. Until this date, the previous requirements may be used; in this instance, it is recommended to select that TCRL version in the Project Basics page to reflect the qualification requirements accurately.
Test Platform - Test system that shall be used if Test Category A, otherwise members can choose their own test system or set up in accordance with the Qualification PRD.
TCMT (Test Case Mapping Table) - ICS items selected to require the test case for Qualification
TSE - TSEs included in the active TCRL
TCRL Release Notes - Released TSEs or other technical notes included in the active TCRL
TCRL Version with Last TSE - Last TCRL where the test case was materially affected
Test Case Verdict (Pass, Fail, Waived, Referenced) -
- Pass: Test executed by Member and achieved Pass verdict
- Waived: The test case has an approved Test Case Waiver (if waived, the TCW shall be referenced in the Evidence Notes column)
- Referenced: If the IUT integrated an existing Qualified Design, the test evidence and execution may be reused provided it meets the requirements for reuse defined in the PRD (QDID of the Qualified Design shall be included in the Integrated QDID column)
- Note: For optional Category D test cases for which members opt not to perform testing, the Test Case Verdict field can be left blank, or enter "Member Defined"
Test Execution (Date) - Date the test was executed according to the Test Report
Test Equipment Platform - The make, model, serial number, and SW version of the system used during test execution
Test Report Reference - The name of the Test Report document found in the Compliance Folder
IUT Configuration - Indicate if a special setup was used for the IUT to run the test case, including the hardware and software versions
Integrated QDID - The QDID of the Qualified Design integrated to create the new Design (IUT). Please only enter the QDID of the integrated Component.
Evidence Notes - Any TCWs used or other information applicable to the execution of the test case
Any test reports indicated in the Test Report Reference column of the completed test plan should be submitted in Launch Studio on the Test Documentation page.
As indicated in the PRD section 126.96.36.199, test reports shall contain at a minimum:
- Administrative details of the test facility that conducted the tests
- Administrative details of the Member submitting the product under test
- The identifying information of the product under test, including HW and SW version numbers
- Reference to Bluetooth Specification and Bluetooth Test Specification versions
- Details of the test setup
- List of test equipment including version information where relevant
- ICS/IXIT information relevant for tests performed
- Summary list of all performed test cases with test case identifier and description, date of test, and verdict
- Calibration record of Bluetooth Test Equipment according to BQTF/BRTF requirements process
A signature with date of signature by the test engineer responsible for making the tests, or for automatically generated test reports and automated digital signature method if approved by the Bluetooth SIG.
Test reports are required for Category A and B test cases.
- Qualification Program Reference Document (PRD)
- Qualification Test Requirements
- Bluetooth Qualified Test Facilities (BQTF)
- Bluetooth Qualification Consultants
For more articles on Qualification topics, please see the Qualification Table of Contents.