This article explains the Bluetooth SIG’s periodic email verification, provides a screenshot of the email you would have received from us and answers some frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding this verification.
In this article:
- Verification Email Screenshot
- What do I do now that I got the email?
- Why do you check to make sure I still have access to my account?
- What if my account has been deactivated because I didn’t verify in time?
- What if I reset my password and I still can't access my account?
- What if I no longer have access to the email address, I used to create my Bluetooth User Account?
- What if I am a member of a working group?
As a security measure, Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) periodically checks to ensure individuals using our systems continue to have access to the email account used when creating their Bluetooth user account.
Verification Email Screenshot
What do I do now that I got the email?
- Please, follow the instructions in the email to verify your email address within 30 days of receiving the first email.
Why do you check to make sure I still have access to my account?
- As a member organization, only employees of Bluetooth SIG member companies have access to our tools and resources. Your business email address connects you to a member company. We use this periodic check to ensure you are still employed by a member company.
What if my account has been deactivated because I didn't verify in time?
- Reset your password to activate your account.
What if I reset my password and I still can't access my account?
- Make sure you are using the correct user name.
- If you are unsure about your user name, you can request it by following Forgot my Username
What if I no longer have access to the email address I used to create my Bluetooth User Account?
- If you have changed employers, use our member directory to see if your new company is a member of the Bluetooth SIG.
- If your email address has changed for any other reason, please submit a support request with the category “Login issues” to have your email address updated. Your new email address will still need to share a domain with the company associated with your user account.
What if I am a member of a working group?
- If you are a member of a working group and do not click the link to verify your email within 30 days your user account will be deactivated and you will be removed from any groups that you belong to.
- Reactivating your account will not automatically add you back to these groups.