This article explains the Bluetooth SIG’s periodic email verification process and answers some frequently asked questions (FAQs).
In this article:
- What do I do now that I got the email?
- Didn't I just verify my email?
- Why do you check to make sure I still have access to my account?
- What if my account has been deactivated because I didn’t verify in time?
- What if I reset my password and I still can't access my account?
- What if I no longer have access to the email address, I used to create my Bluetooth User Account?
- Working Group Members
As a security measure, Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) periodically checks to ensure individuals using our systems continue to have access to the email account used when creating their Bluetooth user account.
What do I do now that I got the email?
- Please, follow the instructions in the email to verify your email address within 30 days of receiving the first email. For security reasons, the verification emails you receive from us will not include any links. You will be instructed to log in to your Bluetooth account to verify your email address.
Didn't I just verify my email?
- You may have recently been asked to verify the email(s) you use to receive Bluetooth SIG newsletters. Members can have multiple email addresses subscribed to our various newsletters. Periodically, you may be asked to verify that the emails you have designated for receiving our newsletters are still relevant to you. This is a separate process and is not tied to email verification for your Bluetooth SIG user account.
How can I check if my email is already verified?
- To check if your email address is already verified, all you need to do is log out and log back in. If you need to verify your email address you will be prompted upon logging in. If you are not prompted, your account is already verified and no further action is needed from you at this time.
The URL in the verification email is taking me to welcome.bluetooth.com.
- If you are already logged in to your Bluetooth account and attempt to go to login.bluetooth.com, you may be re-directed to welcome.bluetooth.com. To verify you must log out of your account and log back in. Upon logging back in, you will see a prompt to verify your email address. If you are not prompted, your account is already verified and no further action is needed from you at this time.
Why do you check to make sure I still have access to my account?
- As a member organization, only employees of Bluetooth SIG member companies have access to our tools and resources. Your business email address connects you to a member company. We use this periodic check to ensure you are still employed by a member company.
Can I verify my email by resetting my password?
- Yes! Resetting your password is another way to verify your email. If you reset your password within the verification window, you will not be asked to verify your account.
What if my account has been deactivated because I didn't verify in time?
- To reactivate your user account login to Bluetooth.com. Once there you will be prompted to verify your email address. If you were previously in any working groups, you will need to re-join them.
What if I reset my password and I still can't access my account?
- Make sure you are using the correct user name.
- If you are unsure about your user name, you can request it by following Forgot my Username
What if I no longer have access to the email address I used to create my Bluetooth User Account?
- If you have changed employers, use our member directory to see if your new company is a member of the Bluetooth SIG.
- If your email address has changed for any other reason, please submit a support request with the category “Login issues” to have your email address updated. Your new email address will still need to share a domain with the company associated with your user account.
Working Group Members
- If you are a member of a working group and do not click the link to verify your email within 30 days your user account will be deactivated and you will be removed from any groups that you belong to.
- Reactivating your account will not automatically add you back to these groups.